So I got some comments about my poem earlier because of the connotations it gives. Namely that it was a sexually charged poem about a dog. Well, the sexual connotation is picked up by the reader, if you have a clean mind you will perceive clean things. But because I believe in giving people what they want I now present "Cute Poems that Don't End Well."
The first is a short one I wrote called "the house is full of children" that starts out kid's book sweet then goes weird.
The House is Full of Children
by: Harley Dean Ziembicki
The House is full of children
Ages four to seventeen
The house is full of children
Some of them are getting mean
The house is full of children
Packed in wall to wall
The house is full of children
I can hear their high pitched calls.
The house is full of children
I can't make it to the door
The house is full of children
Now their lining all the floors
The house is full of children
And it's hard to be very nice
The house is full of children
One is reaching for a knife
The house is full of children
Now they're stabbing at the masses
The house is full of children
Blood staining all the glasses
The house was full of children
Now it's fulll of blood and meat
The house was full of children
Now a smell so sickly sweet
The house was full of children
And i know i cannot run
The house was full of children
Now i kiss the loving gun
The house was full of children
But it's children of the flies
The house was full of children
Now it's full of whispers and their lies
The house was full of children
But now only dwell the ghosts
The house was full of children
Now they seek new hosts
Ok now you read that and think "oh my god he killed all those children" but you did not even read the poem did you? The kids killed the kids, not the narrator. But he knows if he leaves he'll be implicated for it so he kills himself. Now then you can make some ridiculous fantasy story about it how it's about a orphanage that gets too full so they start killing kids but where does it say anything about an orphanage? I'd use some great emotional imagery on a poem like that. Oh just think of it. All like "the blood we have been spilling down the gutters it does run, we look down at our bodies and wonder what we've done" see, powerful.
I didn't have a point this time I just wrote a gross poem and wanted to post it.
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment